I had these two bananas and a craving for pancakes…
A cup of flour, half a cup of Alpro coconut almond milk, pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon, teaspoon of vanilla extract, baking powder, and white wine vinegar later.
My sister usually makes banana pancake batter in the blender.
I didn’t feel like it was sweet enough so I added a tablespoon of maple syrup.
Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 2 overripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk (I used Alpro’s Coconut Almond)
- pinch of ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp white vinegar (I can never find white vinegar so always end up using white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- (optional but recommended) Icing sugar
- mash the banana
- mix all the ingredients together
- (or add all the ingredients in a blender and blend)
- heat a teeny bit of oil on a nonstick/pancake pan and put a scoop of pancake batter (I used a soup ladle)
- at medium heat wait until the batter kind of bubbles before flipping the pancakes over
- I garnished my pancakes a teeny bit of maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries and half a teaspoon of icing sugar